ENGINEERING COUNCIL OF SOUTH AFRICA HOSTS NATIONAL CRISIS WORKSHOP
On 6 May 2008 the Engineering Council of South Africa will host their first National Crisis Workshop. Discussions will be based on broader issues in the engineering profession and the industry and the impact that some of these issues have on the economy of South Africa. The workshop will identify problems and offer solutions, develop short-, medium and long-term plans which will ultimately become a blue print for future use by the profession.
Topics for discussion include the following:
- National Energy Crisis: demand and supply, distribution and capacity and the proposed electrical regulations.
- Roads infrastructure: construction and maintenance
- Water and waste management4. Telecommunications capacity
- Global warming: what is SA doing
- Skills shortage in the light of all the above
Relevant industry partners will be present at the workshop, including Eskom, Randwater, Department of Public Works, Department of Labour, Department of Minerals and Energy, etc.
Date : 6 May 2008
Time : 10:00
Venue : Engineering Council of South Africa
1st Floor, Waterview Corner
Ernst Oppenheimer Drive
Should you wish to attend the workshop, please RSVP on or before 30 April 2008:
THE WORKSHOP WILL BE FOLLOWED BY AN OPPORTUNITY FOR THE MEDIA TO ASK QUESTIONS.