INVITATION FOR APPLICATIONS FROM SUITABLE CANDIDATES TO BE PLACED ON THE DATABASE TO SERVE AS ASSESSORS, REVIEWERS, AND INTERVIEWERS.
The Engineering Council of South Africa (ECSA) is a statutory body charged with the mandate to regulate the Engineering Profession in accordance with the Engineering Profession Act 46 of 2000. Engineering Council of South Africa hereby invites applications from ECSA registered persons to be included in the pool/ database for possible appointment to do assessment, reviews and to conduct interviews, within the ambit of the Engineering Profession Act.
- Potential candidates must be actively registered persons under the following categories and disciplines:
- Professional Engineers – Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical, Metallurgy, Agriculture, Aeronautical, Industrial and Mining.
- Professional Engineering Technologist – Civil (Water, Structural, Roads and Transportation, Geotechnical), Electrical (Heavy Current and Light Current), Fire,Mechanical, Chemical, Industrial, Metallurgy, Mining.
- Professional Engineering Technicians – Civil (Water, Structural, Roads and Transportation, Geotechnical, Electrical (Heavy current & light current, Clinical), Mechanical, Chemical Industrial, Metallurgy, Mining.
- Professional Certificated Engineers with valid Government Certificate of Competence (GCC) in Mechanical, Electrical, Metallurgy, Coal (working in factories and or mines and or works).
- Lifting Machinery Inspectors – Bench saw, Block and tackle, Calendar rolls, Capstan – type hoist, hand powered lifting device, Lifting Machine, Lifting Tackle, Load Path, Man Cage, Transportation Plant, Shears, Guillotines and Presses, Slitting Machines, Air Compressors.
- Lifting inspectors.
- Medical Equipment Maintainers.
- Fire Protection Systems Inspectors, who have an interest in assisting ECSA with assessing, reviewing and interviewing our applications for registrations in all our categories of registration.
- Assess applications for registration in all the above mentioned categories of registration,
- Conduct Professional Review / Interviews for applicants applying for registration as Professional Engineers in all abovementioned disciplines of this specific category of registration,
- Conduct Professional Interviews for applicants applying for registration as Professional Engineering Technologists, Professional Engineering Technicians, Lifting Machinery Inspectors, Lifting inspectors and Professional Certificated Engineers in all abovementioned disciplines of this specific category of registration,
Qualifications and other requirements:
- Interested Registered Persons should be in good standing with the Council (annual fees up to date, and in a consistence upholding status of the Code of Conduct for Professionals in the engineering field).
- Interested persons can forward their brief CV’s, educational qualifications and copy of the ECSA registration letter/ certificate to email@example.com.