- An effective
regulator assuring engineering excellence.
ECSA seeks to achieve this vision
- Determining engineering standards for education, accreditation and registration;
- Registration ofeEngineering practitioners;
- Developing and sustaining
relevant, transformed, competent
and internationally recognized
engineering profession as well as practice
- Enforcing compliance with education, training, registration, continuing education and professional practice standards;
- Maintaining a competent workforce, efficient and adequate governance structures and systems;
- Educating the public on expected
engineering quality standards and protecting the interests
of the public against sub-standard quality of engineering work;
- Regulatory efforts to ensure environmental
- Engaging with Government to support national priorities including transformation of the engineering profession
- Instituting collaborative efforts with ECSA stakeholders with a view to enhancing
- Professional – Conduct beyond reproach to the highest ethical standards
underpinned by integrity, quality, timeliness, trust and respect.
- Accountable – Doing what we commit to do in
environment of trust and respect and being answerable for our failures
to meet our
- Collaborative – Working as a team to
achieve exceptional results.
- Transparent – Honest and open communication and sharing of information between stakeholders.
- Innovation – utilizing creative energies in collaboration with ECSA stakeholders to identify improved, enhanced
more cost-efficient engineering practice solutions.